Lone Star College–Montgomery Theatre offers a variety of scholarships for students in Drama. If you are aspiring to be an actor or want to work behind the scenes, then check out the following guidelines for your scholarship opportunity.
Theatre Scholarship Opportunities
The Woodlands Living Arts Council Endowment
Must attend LSC-Montgomery, enrolled in a minimum of 9 hours, minimum 3.0 GPA, academic disciplines are an Associates of Science degree or an Associates of Arts degree in Art, Music, or Theatre, must demonstrate financial need based on the formula calculated for the Federal Pell grant, and preference for students with an unmet need level who are not eligible for other financial assistance.
The Kelsey Vogel "Shining Star" Memorial Scholarship Endowment
Must attend LSC-Montgomery, minimum full-time student, enrolled in a standard theatre course and a theatre practicum course, selection process will be based on student's exceptional talent and versatile performing ability, scholarship will be distributed equally between female/male, and funds to be used for tuition, fees and books.More Scholarships
- Enroll in sections of Theatre Practicum associated with each production and participate as a cast or crew member in each production.
- Enroll in a minimum of one additional Drama or Live Entertainment Technology (LET) course at LSC-Montgomery (2 or 3 hours).
- Actively participate in all Delta Psi Omega (Theatre Honor Society) activities in a leadership role. This includes but is not limited to monthly meetings, LSC-Montgomery Activities Fair, 24 Hr Plays, Yearly DPO Celebration.
- Participate in approved Texas Education Theatre Festival audition.
- Participate in approved Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival activities.
- Participate in all designated master classes and workshops.
To Apply for a Scholarship
- Students must submit an application.
- Students must audition (acting) or demonstrate technical proficiency (technical).
- For more information contact Chase Waites at Chase@LoneStar.edu or 936.271.6127
(Fill out, print, sign, and submit)
Interested in Donating to the Theatre Program?
To support our growing theatre program, you can give to the Lone Star College Foundation. Please indicate your donation is for "LSC-Montgomery Theatre Scholarships." Your donation is tax deductible.