Art Institute Transfers
Lone Star College is here to help students affected by recent Art Institute closures in Houston and surrounding areas. LSC offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education both in person and online. The following programs may be of interest to help students finish what they started:
- Audio Production
- Bakery/Pastry Culinary Arts
- Digital Filmmaking and Video Production
- Fashion Design/Fashion Merchandising
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality Management
- Interior Design
- Visual Effects and Motion Graphics
- Web Design
- Fine Arts Program
- Game Design and Simulation Designer-Artist Program
- Game Design and Simulation Developer-Programmer Program
- Live Entertainment Technology Program
- Visual Communications Program
- Mobile/Web Application Development Program
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) Program in Energy, Manufacturing and Trades Management
We also offer the following programs designed for transfer to a 4-year university:
LSC offers associate degrees, the first two years of bachelor degrees, and transfers to prestigious public universities in Texas. Students can also view Lone Star College’s current Programs of Study at LoneStar.edu/Programs.
It's never too late to enroll in classes at Lone Star College. Each semester, the college offers Next Start Classes ranging from eight to 14 weeks that are available in-person, online or hybrid formats. Next Start classes fit a broad range of goals to help students earn associate degrees, program certificates or transfer credits to a four-year university.
Contact one of the nearest Art Departments below for assistance with credit transfers and to find out what options work best for you. LSC offers financial aid solutions and individual transfer services to help you make the smoothest transition possible.
To transfer to Lone Star College, submit a free application through Apply Texas.
Contacting the Art Department
- The department director's office is your primary source for all program, course and transfer questions.
- The department director approves all coursework exceptions and prior learning experiences for credit courses toward your degree or certificate.
- CE-to-Credit linked courses can also be verified by contacting the department director or dean.