About The Honors College
Honors College students may earn honors academic course credit by enrolling in honors sections, as well as by working with a faculty mentor on honors contracts.
Open to new or returning students with at least one of the following:
- A high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- 1150 or higher on the SAT (combined math and critical reading sections).
- 26 or higher composite score on the ACT
- 3.25 GPA with a 9 or more college credit hours
Students admitted into The Honors College at Lone Star College will be admitted into a comprehensive program of study including:
- Early registration and Honors orientation
- Small, interactive classes and sense of community
- Dedicated Honors Faculty and specialized advising
- Participation in local and regional conferences
- First-year experience unique to Honors
- Integration of advanced academics with service learning, Model U.N., study abroad, and more
- Professional/industry internship opportunities
- Honors designation on transcript
- Rigorous coursework, enrichment activities and leadership development
- Opportunity to earn honors graduation distinction
- Articulation agreements with major transfer universities
Campus Honors Colleges
|Maps & Tours|
|The Honors College at LSC Brochure|
|Browse the |
|Katharine Caruso, Ph.D.
LSCS Honors College
Brian H. Kyser