× LoneStarCollegeALERT:

Homeschool Students

Homeschool students who are interested in participating in the dual credit program should bring a copy of their high school transcript to meet with an academic advisor at your respective LSC college campus.

Homeschool Dual Credit Informational Session

Please contact an advisor at your respective LSC College Campus for upcoming information sessions.

Homeschool Dual Credit Agreement

Follow the steps below to complete the process of transitioning from a homeschool student to an LSC dual credit student.

  • Read and sign the Dual Credit Partnership Agreement
  • Develop & bring an updated and signed high school transcript as well as a graduation plan.
    • A  template for both documents can be found in the Dual Credit Partnership Agreement
    • A typed High school transcript must be submitted at the time of registration for course(s) each semester.
    • NOTE: For a course to be considered dual credit, it must be reflected on their graduation plans and must be a 3 or more credit hour college course.  See dual credit courses for more course eligibility information. 

Once you have read and signed the Dual Credit partnership agreement, you may proceed with the Enrollment and Registration Process.

Homeschool Dual Credit Enrollment & Registration Process

Step 1: Admissions: First Time Dual Credit Student

Step 2: Testing

  • Receive your testing ticket from Advising.
  • The Testing fee is waived for Dual Credit students taking the TSI Assessment for the first time.
    • Retesting is $10 per section of the test
  • Placement tests are given in the Testing Centers at each campus. See Assessment Center location and hours.
  • Meet with your LSC Dual Credit Advisor to review your test scores.

Step 3: Registering for Classes

  • Complete and return the Dual Credit registration form to your LSC Dual Credit Advisor.
    • This form requires signatures of: student, parent, and high school principal/designee (often the parent) (please have classes added to the student's 'shopping cart' via MyLoneStar student portal).
    • Your LSC Dual Credit Advisor will register you for classes.

Step 4: Pay your Fees & Books

  •  You are responsible for the fees and books portion of your Dual Credit course(s). All tuition is waived.
    • NOTE: For 'College Credit Only' course(s), i.e. PHED 1164, DRAM 1351, MUEN 1127, etc., the student is responsible for the cost of full tuition, fees & books. Tuition & Fee Schedule
  • Visit the Bursar/Cashier's Office to request your Dual Credit tuition waiver and pay your fees.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What is the difference between Dual Credit and the College Credit Only option?
    Dual Credit courses must apply toward high school graduation requirements. College credit only courses do not count for high school credit. (i.e. PHED 1164, MUAP 2221, ENGL 0309, MATH 0308, etc.) With this option, you are responsible for all tuition and fees and do not receive the dual credit waiver and are considered an Exceptional Admit student.
  2. May I take summer courses?
    Yes; homeschool students may take two courses each summer term (Summer I & Summer II). Summer courses are in an accelerated format and only six weeks long.
  3. May I take mini-term courses in May or December?
    For more information about enrolling in mini-term course, please email or call the appropriate campus contact.
  4. Does the cost include books?
    No; the fees that you pay as a dual credit student does not cover the cost of books.
  5. May I take online courses?
  6. What happens if I fail a Dual Credit course?
    Dual Credit students must maintain a C or better to remain eligible for the Dual Credit program.
  7. I am not ready for college level courses. May I take a Developmental (non-college level) course?
  8. Does the State of Texas mandate homeschool families to follow state graduation requirements?
  9. I want to take a higher level math (Trig, Pre-Cal, Cal) instead of College Algebra. How do I qualify?
    Students must place in at least college level Algebra or higher, then must submit qualifying test scores. For upper level courses such as Pre-Cal or Cal, students must submit qualifying test scores AND have successful completion of HS Trig or Pre-Cal with a B or better; in addition to college readiness in reading and writing.
  10. How do I find out more about Dual Credit at Lone Star College?
    Get more information at the Dual Credit Campus Contacts page.


Apply for Dual Credit

Make LSC part of your story.