- HESI test fee will be $35.00. The cost of the test is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Please refer to HESI Test Ticket for testing information. HESI testing will be available year round at the Assessment Centers on each campus. There are certain dates when the Assessment Centers will not be available for HESI testing. Please check these dates or check with the Assessment Centers at each campus.
- Students may retake the HESI test once every 60 days based on the date of the first exam. The 60-day count will begin on the day following your most recent test date. If a student takes the HESI A2 a second time observing the 60 day window, the most recent score will be used for computing admission scores. Should any student take it twice within 60 days, only the first score will be used.
HESI Test Registration
HESI A2 entrance exam scores are valid for one year from the date taken. If applicants have successfully completed the HESI A2 entrance exam after January 2015, prior to scheduling a new exam, they must contact the Nursing Department of their first choice for guidance.
HESI Testing: ADN, Transition, and LVN Programs
- Applicants must test on the following sections of HESI A-2 Entrance Exam. The average of the first 5 (five) will be divided by 25 to obtain the admission points.
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary/General Knowledge
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Critical Thinking
- Required HESI Scores:
A. In order to apply for any LSC A.D.N. program, the student must attain a minimum score of 75 (750 for Critical Thinking) on EACH section of the HESI exam.
B. In order to apply for any LSC VN program, the student must attain a minimum score of 70 (700 for Critical Thinking) on EACH section of the HESI exam.
- HESI Anatomy & Physiology score, Math score, then Reading Comprehension score, Vocabulary score, and finally Grammar score if needed will be used as tiebreakers for admission into all LSCS nursing programs.
- The HESI entrance exam scores must be less than one year old at the time of application.
- If HESI A2 exam was taken other than at LSCS, official scores have to be sent directly to Nursing Department by Elsevier. Contact Nursing Departments for details.
- When retaking the test, students will have to retake all 6 sections of the test. Scores used for admissions must be on a single testing.
- Students will have a maximum of 5.5 hours to take the exam. With ADA accommodations, students may be allowed longer test taking time.
- Students applying to a nursing program must complete the HESI A2 no later than one week before the application deadline.