International Student Orientation
Orientation for Lone Star College F-1 visa holders
International Student Orientation will be held before the start of the spring and fall semesters at each campus. International Student Orientation is mandatory for all international students and will address and cover the following topics:
- Cultural Adjustment
- Campus Services: Public Safety, Business Office/Tuition, Library Services, Counseling Services
- Campus Tour
- Testing & Learning Center
- Registrar Office
- Student Hand Book
- Academic Plagiarism
- ESL programs/placement
- Health Insurance
- Data Sheet (International Student Information)
- F-1 Rules & Regulations including CPT/OPT/Economic Hardship
- Social Security and on campus employment guidelines
- IRS/Tax information
- US Banking/Post Office/Credit Card/Federal and State Law/Relationship
- Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- STOPP Program (Service, Training, Officers, Prevention Program)
Advisors check that students have proper documents: SEVIS I-20, I-94, Passport and photocopies for student folder.Advisors check that students have proper documents: SEVIS I-20, I-94, Passport and photocopies for student folder.
Check out Process:
Make sure students have completed orientation covering all topics listed above, are registered for 12 credits and that all questions or concerns are addressed.Make sure students have completed orientation covering all topics listed above, are registered for 12 credits and that all questions or concerns are addressed.
For more information contact your International Student Advisor.
Fall 2016 Orientation Schedule:
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Room: To Be Determined
Full Orientation Time: To Be Determined
Full Orientation Time: 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m.
-Health Insurance Presentation: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
-Maintaining Status Presentation: 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Lone Star College-North Harris
Room: SSB 208
Full Orientation Time: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 18, 2016
- LSC-CyFair and LSC-Fairbanks
Location: LSC-CyFair Main Campus (Barker Cypress Location)
Room: TECH 102
Full Orientation Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Location: Lone Star College-Tomball
Full Orientation Time: 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- LSC-University Park
Room: 13.319 (Building 13, Room 319)
Full Orientation Time: 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.