Friends of the Library - Who We Are - LSC-CyFair
Meet our board members and learn about our mission.The Lone Star College-CyFair Branch Friends of the Library promote an interest in the Harris County Public Library, Lone Star College-CyFair Branch among alumni and public; to provide a fuller understanding of the role of the library in education; to encourage gifts and bequests in support of the Library; and to assist the Harris County Public Library, Lone Star College-CyFair Branch in its educational mission through exhibits, programs, publications, and other means.
- Joan Everson - Chair
- Roxanne Beck
- Beverly Choate
- Ulysses Fogg
- Lorraine Kram – Emeritus (Deceased)
- Janet Lane
- Elsie Markuson
- Warren Miedke
- Joan Van Pelt
Harris County Public Library- Lone Star College-CyFair Branch - Ex-Officio Members
- Susan Green
- Claire Gunnels
- Monica Norem
Become a Member
Select a membership level and complete a fillable PDF membership application and print a copy to return it to the library in person or by mail. More details are listed on the form. Thank you for your support of the library! Benefits of Your Tax-Deductible Membership:
- A book bag or stylus penlight.
- Two complementary tickets to Lone Star College-CyFair Arts performances (excluding special events).
- A 50% off coupon for a Friends of the Library (FOL) Bookstore purchase during the membership year.
- Members-only half-price book sales.
- 10% discount in the College bookstore with your membership card (excludes textbooks and software).
- Volunteer opportunities at the Friends of the Library (FOL) Bookstore.
How the Money Is Used:
- LSCS Friends' Endowed Scholarships
- Children, Teen and Adult Summer Reading Programs
- Student Research Awards
- Reflections of Study Abroad Photography Contest
- Special Library programs and speaker fees
- Prom Closet
- Wii Bowling Tournament Awards
- Cy-Fest Petting Zoo
- Shelving and other special library projects
- Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
Contact the Friends: email@example.com
The LSC-CyFair Branch Friends of the Library operate under the auspices of the Lone Star College Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.