Research Databases: Workforce & Applied Technology
- Standards and Codes - North Harris Reasearch Guide
- Home Improvement Reference Center
(EBSCO) Includes full-text information from over 120 reference books, magazines, videos and over 35,000 images for subjects such as maintenance, remodeling, electrical work, decoration, home and garden, outdoor improvements, plumbing and wood projects. The information is presented in a unique and user-friendly interface.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center
(EBSCO) Features 470 full-text reference books with original photos and illustrations, including detailed instructions for 90,000 repairs on such equipment as chain saws, motorcycles, marine (boats), personal watercraft/jet ski, mowers, string trimmers & blowers, yard & garden tractors.
- Vocational & Career Collection
(EBSCO)Full text coverage for more than 350 trade and industry-related periodicals.
- Credo Reference
(Credo) Includes materials from over 650 reference books on a variety of topics in higher education, including art, business, history, languages, literature, science, criminal justice, and political science.
(McGraw-Hill)Provides articles, primary research material, videos, images and animations covering all major scientific disciplines including: biology, chemistry, information technology, engineering, math, physics, psychology and more.
- Business Abstracts with Full Text
(EBSCO/H.W. Wilson) Full-text for articles in close to 460 publications from 1982 to the present.
- Business Source Complete
Provides "journal and magazine full-text articles, financial data, case studies, industry reports, market research reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses and more."
- Houston Business Journal- free web
(American City Business Journals, Inc.) Search back issues from 1996 to the present in their archives.
- Small Business Reference Center
(EBSCO) Features some 400 full-text periodicals, over 450 full-text reference books, videos, and business plans.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text
Major full-text database in Nursing and Allied Health, with over 560 journals, and more than 600,000 articles dating back to 1937.
- Health Reference Center Academic
(Gale Cengage Learning) Help
Full-text from a variety of medical, nursing and allied health sources: journals, reference books, pamphlets.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
Full text from some 550 scholarly medical journals, plus citations and abstracts from 850 others.
- STAT!Ref (Healthcare) NOTE: limited concurrent users per book
(Teton Data Systems) Full-text electronic medical library. For information on mobile access (via Apple, Android and Blackberry), refer to STAT!Ref under Mobile Apps
- STAT!Ref (LSC-Montgomery)
(Teton Data Systems) Help
Full-text electronic medical library; included 26 titles including CPT Data FilesDavis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 5-Minute Clinical Consult, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, Burket's Oral Medicine, and Scientific American Medicine. Most titles can be viewed by one person at a time, so if a title is unavailable, wait a few minutes and try again. For information on mobile access (via Apple, Android and Blackberry), refer to STAT!Ref under Mobile Apps.
- PubMed Search - free web
National Center for Biotechnology Information located within the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- Academic Video Online: Premium
(Alexander Street Press) Full-length videos on various topics, documentaries, instructional materials and limited historical news reports.
- Films on Demand
(Films Media Group) High-quality, educational streaming video from companies such as Films for the Humanities, BBC, and PBS.
- Academic Search Complete
(EBSCO) Multi-disciplinary database; full text of articles from over 5,300 journals, magazines, and newspapers, plus image collections.
- Houston Chronicle -free web
(Hearst Communications Inc.) Access the electronic copy of today's Houston Chronicle.
- Houston Chronicle Archives- free web
(Hearst Communications Inc.) Back issue access: 1985 - 2011. Full text only available to subscribers.
- Newspaper Source
(EBSCO) Selected full-text from 30 US national and international newspapers and 200 regional papers, plus TV & radio news transcripts.
- US Major Dailies
(ProQuest) Full text of Christian Science Monitor, NY Times, LA Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post
- Science & Technology Collection
(EBSCO) Over 800 full-text journals; topics include aeronautics, astrophysics, chemistry, computing, geology, aviation, physics, archaeology.
- SciTech Premium Collection - New
(ProQuest) Full-text from an international collection of scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, government publications, and more.
Find more ...
- Search the Library Catalog. Request any circulating items not in your local library using the "Place Hold" button. Login with your 14-digit library barcode number and PIN.
- Looking for a specific article? Search the Full Text Finder for newspaper, magazine, or journal titles.
- Search WorldCat to find books and articles from libraries worldwide, then apply at your local library for a TexShare card to borrow them directly or request specific books and articles through interlibrary loan.
Selected databases are funded, in part, through TexShare, a division of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, utilizing grant funds provided by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services.