Test Prep Resources
Test-Based Review and Practice Materials
General Review Material
- Practical Algebra Lessons (http://www.purplemath.com/modules/)
- Techniques to Promote Reading Comprehension (http://www.lynchburg.edu/x2416.xml#II.%20Techniques%20to%20Promote%20Reading%20Comprehension)
- Writing Skills Practice (http://college.cengage.com/devenglish/resources/writing_ace/students/index.html)
- Practice Central - COMPASS Tutorials (https://web.gsc.edu/fs/mhorton/lsenglish/)
Test Taking Strategies and Test Anxiety
- Tips for Terrific Test Taking (http://www.studygs.net/tsttak1.htm)
- Tips for Computer Based Testing (http://masteringmultiplechoice.com/2009/09/tips-for-computer-based-multiple-choice-tests-cbt-cbe-and-cat/)
- Overcoming Test Anxiety (http://www.studygs.net/tstprp8.htm)
Re-testing Options and Considerations
- Retesting is available for incoming students who score close to the next level. Speak to an advisor or counselor if you are concerned about your retest scores.
- It is recommended that students spend time preparing for the retake.
- You should not retest on the same section more than once. Remember, the goal is to have a solid foundation in reading, writing and math before you start your college-level courses.