LSC-Montgomery Dual Credit
Dual Credit is an opportunity for high school students to earn high school and college credit simultaneously. Students demonstrating college readiness through a college placement exam can earn college and high school credits in the same course by attending classes at their high school, on a Lone Star campus, and/or online. We partner with independent school districts, charter schools, private schools, and homeschool parents to offer courses in the core curriculum, foreign languages, and workforce education.
Why Dual Credit?
- Transfer many dual credit courses to Texas public colleges and universities, private institutions, and some out-of-state colleges and universities.
- Complete college level certifications while in high school that can lead to immediate job opportunities.
- Save money on college tuition.
- Accelerate time to degree completion by getting a head start in college - dual credit students can earn up to a year or more of college credit.
- Build confidence by easing the transition to college and life expectations.
- Access the Lone Star College student support services - library, career services, computer labs, and tutoring.
Dual Credit Students
To find information and resources, select the type of dual credit student you are:
Early College High School Students
To learn more about LSC-Montgomery's Early College High Schools, click on the link below: