Regardless of whether your educational goal is an Associate of Applied Science, an Associate of Arts, an Associate of Science or a technical certification, there is a certain process towards obtaining your diploma or certificate. Lone Star College-Kingwood Student Services offers you the resources to complete these steps and reach your goal. From declaring a major to following up on transferred credits to applying for graduation, the appropriate tools and assistance are available.
Use these graduation steps to make sure you have everything taken care of and are ready to walk across the stage and receive your diploma.
Date and Location
M.O. Campbell Educational Center
1865 Aldine Bender Road
Houston, TX 77032
Saturday, May 14, 2016
Graduates are expected to arrive at 12:30 p.m. to ensure participation in the ceremony.
Graduation Ceremony Etiquette
- Celebration should be respectful of other members of the graduating class.
- Every graduate would like for family and friends to hear his or her name called when receiving a certificate or degree.
- Graduates and guests should keep talking and movement during the ceremony to a minimum.
- NO CELL PHONES OR PURSES ALLOWED ON GRADUATION FLOOR.
- Remember to have fun as you take this very important step towards personal and professional enrichment.
Lone Star College Regalia Policy:
Lone Star College graduates are expected to wear regalia without altering the appearance. Academic regalia has a rich history of tradition and significance we wish to honor. Please, no flowers (corsages), pins, stoles, or alterations to mortarboards. Graduates who have earned stoles through academic achievement i.e., Dean's List, Honor's program, PTK, Veterans of the Armed Forces or services to the colleges i.e., Ambassadors will wear the college approved stoles. All others are asked to respect the time-honored traditions of graduation by wearing regalia as issued. In addition, the appropriate way to wear the mortarboard is flat on top of the head and not off to the side or fixed to the back of the head by pins. Graduates are not allowed to deface their regalia.
- Read the Graduation Letter 2016
- Download RSVP Graduation Letter 2016
- Graduation Protocol Letter 2016
- Cap & Gown - Graduates participating in the commencement ceremony must wear a cap and gown, which are available for purchase at the Lone Star College-Kingwood Bookstore until May 9, 2016. The cost is approximately $37.00 plus tax. Gowns will be available for purchase beginning early April 2016.
*If the cost of cap and gown will hinder your participation in the ceremony please contact Malea Pruitt immediately in the admissions offices in SCC.
- Invitations - Commencement invitations may be purchased from the Lone Star College-Kingwood Bookstore or other outside source. Invitations are sold in packages of 10.
- Regalia Graduates who are members of Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society, Debate Team or other school sponsored organizations that may have distinctive regalia are encouraged to proudly display this earned recognition.
- Regalia - Graduates who are members of Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society, Debate Team or other school sponsored organizations that may have distinctive regalia are encouraged to proudly display this earned recognition.
- Dress - Participants and guests should dress comfortably and appropriately. Men are encouraged to wear dark slacks, light colored shirts and dark shoes. Women are encouraged to wear appropriate length dresses and low-heeled, dark shoes. Do not wear flip flops or backless shoes.
- Diplomas - All commencement participants will receive a commemorative diploma cover during the ceremony. Graduates will receive their actual diploma through mail to the address specified on the graduation application after successful completion of degree requirements is confirmed. Diplomas are printed at our System Office and typically take 6-8 weeks for arrival.
*Please check your student records account to verify a degree has been awarded before requesting a transcript
- Logistics - Graduates must pick up required seating cards at 12:30 PM. Procession begins promptly at 2:00 PM.
- PTK - For PTK regalia, please contact the PTK office at 281.312.1471 or you can purchase directly at the PTK Store.
For further assistance, call our Graduation Specialist, Malea Pruitt at 281.312.1551 or via email at Malea.A.Pruitt@lonestar.edu
- RSVP - Please fill out the enclosed RSVP form by April 22, and return to the Student Services Welcome Center in the SCC building, fax to 281.318.4360 , email Malea.A.Pruitt@lonestar.edu, or mail to LSC – Kingwood, Graduation 20000 Kingwood Drive Kingwood, TX 77339.
- Orientation - All students must attend one orientation session
Monday, April 25, 2016 at 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM , 5:30 to 6:30 PM; or Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM in the Student Conference Center.
- Shout Outs - As a graduate, you are invited to take photos and write a short message (180 characters) to those you would like to thank for helping you through your college experience. These messages will be displayed prior to the graduation ceremony. Please check your graduation packet for dates photos will occur.
Kingwood Alumni Association
The best incentive for graduating is the opportunity to join the Kingwood Alumni Association!