Research Databases: News
For off-campus access, enter your fourteen digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/ library card. No college ID or library card? Request a college ID or library card barcode number.
- Houston Chronicle - free web
(Hearst Communications Inc.) Access the electronic copy of today's Houston Chronicle.
- LexisNexis Academic New!
(LexisNexis) Contains laws and court rulings as well as law reviews and legal analysis for state and federal courts; full-text U.S. and world news articles, magazines, and journals; and company profiles for private and public businesses.
- National Newspapers Core (LSCS Libraries) - Note: Formerly ProQuest Newspapers
(ProQuest) Full text of Christian Science Monitor, NY Times, LA Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post.
- New York Times (LSCS Libraries)
(ProQuest) Provides full-text coverage from June 1, 1980 to the present.
- Newspaper Source
(EBSCO) Selected full-text from 30 US national and international newspapers and 200 regional papers, plus TV & radio news transcripts.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S. (Online Edition) (LSCS Libraries)
Comprehensive summary of statistics about the United States population, industries and more. Browse broad subject categories or search to locate statistics or use as a guide to more information in print and on the internet. Sources include the United States government, as well as commercial publishers.
- Wall Street Journal (LSCS Libraries)
(ProQuest) Provides full-text coverage from January 2, 1984 to the present.
- Access Newspaper Archive (LSC-CyFair - Barker Cypress and Cypress/Fairbanks Center) - Note: on-campus use only after entering your LSC-CyFair or HCPL-CyFair library card barcode
(NewspaperARCHIVE.com) "View, save and print full-page newspaper pages dating from 1700 to 2006" from over 4000 newspaper titles.
Note: If using the Google Chrome web browser, follow the instructions from Adobe to see articles correctly rendered.
America's Historical Newspapers - 1690-2000 (LSCS Libraries)
(Newsbank) Browse hundreds of U.S. newspapers published from 1690 through 2000.
- Chronicle of Higher Education Online (LSCS Libraries)
(Chronicle) Leading source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators.
- Country Information Sites – free web
- CountryWatch (LSC-North Harris only)
(CountryWatch, Inc.) Provides news, geographical, political, economic, and cultural information and maps on each of the 194 countries of the world.
- CQ Researcher (LSCS Libraries)
(CQ Press) Full-text, balanced, comprehensive journalistic reports and analysis of current and controversial issues of the day.
- Houston Business Journal - free web
Houston Business Journal (LSC-University Park)
(American City Business Journals, Inc.) Local business news, industry news, and market intelligence for the Greater Houston area. Search back issues from 1996 to the present in their archives. Subscription access includes expanded content.
- Los Angeles Times (LSCS Libraries)
(ProQuest) Provides full-text coverage to the Los Angeles Times from 1985 to present.
- Morningstar Mutual Funds Online (LSC-CyFair, LSC-Tomball, & HCPL) - NOTE: 5 simultaneous user limit
(Morningstar, Inc.) Mutual funds investment information; information on stocks, mutual funds and ETFs. A searchable database.
- Regional Business News
(EBSCO) Full text from business newspapers, magazines, and newswires throughout the United States.