| Research Databases
Research Databases: Current Issues
For off-campus access, enter your fourteen digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/ library card. No college ID or library card? Request a college ID or library card barcode number.
- Academic Search Complete
(EBSCO) Full text of articles from journals, magazines and newspapers, plus image collections.
- CQ Researcher (LSCS Libraries)
(CQ Press) Full-text, balanced, comprehensive journalistic reports and analysis of current and controversial issues of the day.
- Issues and Controversies (LSCS Libraries)
(Facts on File) Full-text articles from different points of view on important issues in today's news, plus statistics and images.
- MasterFILE Premier
Full-text articles from magazines & journals, and other sources including pamphlets, books, biographies, reports, etc.
- Newspaper Source
Selected full-text from 30 US national and international newspapers and 200 regional papers, plus TV & radio news transcript
- Opposing Viewpoints (LSCS Libraries)
- Opposing Viewpoints (LSC-CyFair, LSC-Tomball, & HCPL)
(Thomson Gale) Full text on controversial social issues from books, statistical reports, and news publications.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S. (Online Edition) (LSCS Libraries)
Comprehensive summary of statistics about the United States population, industries and more. Browse broad subject categories or search to locate statistics or use as a guide to more information in print and on the internet. Sources include the United States government, as well as commercial publishers.
- Country Information Sites – free web
- CountryWatch (LSC-North Harris only)
(CountryWatch, Inc.) Provides news, geographical, political, economic, and cultural information and maps on each of the 194 countries of the world.
- EBSCO eBook Collection - formerly NetLibrary
(EBSCO) Search complete electronic books. Set up a free account and download to your PC, Mac, Nook, Sony, Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- Houston Chronicle - free web
(Hearst Communications Inc.) Access the electronic copy of today's Houston Chronicle
- Houston Chronicle Archives - free web
(Hearst Communications Inc.) Back issue access: 1985 - 2011
- MAS Ultra - Student Edition
(EBSCO) Help Full-text articles from magazines & newspapers, pamphlets, reference books, biographies, and images. (Pre-college)
- National Newspapers Core (LSCS Libraries) - Note: Formerly ProQuest Newspapers
(ProQuest) Full text of Christian Science Monitor, NY Times, LA Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post.
- NBC Learn Higher Ed (LSCS Libraries) - Subscription ends June 30, 2014
(NBC) Access over 10,000 video clips from current events to newsreels dating back to the 1920s from celebrated NBC news programs.
are funded in part by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.