Veterans Resources - LSC-Kingwood
On the LSC-Kingwood Campus
- Financial Aid Office - 281.312.1606
- LSC-Kingwood Student Counseling Office - LeeAnn Liebst - 281.312.1453
- Veteran Academic Advising - Rogelio Espinoza - 281-312-1790
Lone Star College System Veterans Affairs
Lone Star College System Veterans Affairs - This page will help you find information about financial services and give you contact information for people and offices at the Lone Star College System. These sources are designed to help Veterans returning to school. Links on this page include:
- How to Apply to Lone Star Colleges for new or transfer students, including forms you will need.
- Veterans Liaisons for each LSC campus location.
- Continuing Enrollment information.
- Transfer or Change your Degree plan with instructions.
- Vocational Rehabilitation application instructions.
For general questions, speak with a VA liaison in a campus financial aid office. For your convenience, GI Bill application packets are located at the financial aid office or may be printed from the forms linked on this web site.
If you need further assistance contact the LSCS Veteran Affairs office via email at mailto:email@example.com. Or Contessa Scroggins, LSC Veterans Affairs Program Coordinator at 281-290-2897, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
United States Department of Veterans Affairs
United States Department of Veterans Affairs - The United States Government page, with information for Veterans on all topics. Some of the listed highlights for Veterans returning to school:
- Post 9/ll GI Bill featuring how to apply for benefits and a benefits calculator.
- State and Local Resources find your state and regional VA offices.
- My Chapter, the LSC page on local area contacts.
- Students.gov - a gateway to many resources for all students including many for veterans and active military personnel.
- Veterans Education Center - useful links for Veterans across the LSC system. The section on Houston and Harris County resources is particulary useful for LSC Veterans in this area.
- U. S. Servicemembers' Guide to Academic Programs and Aid - Online resources not related to Lone Star College.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - a great resource for finding information on types of employment, the educational requirements, responsibilities, salary, job description, expected employment prospects and more.
- LSC Librarians - The LSCS Librarians offer help using resources available to all students in the Lone Star College System. Ask questions and they will help find information on specific course material, research assignments and career paths.Contact the LSCS Library on your campus. Find the phone numbers for the Reference Desk or the Circulation Desk, and the hours of operation for each of the LSCS Libraries. Remember, many resources are available to students online. If you cannot find what you need, the Librarians will be able to help.