Vice President of Instruction
Meet the Vice President of Instruction
Dr. Scott Stallman is the LSC-Tomball Vice President of Instruction.
Scott’s career in higher education began as a full-time faculty member and Department Chair at the Stevens Institute of Business and Arts where he also served as Director of the Career Center. He has held progressively responsible positions at Columbia College Chicago, Moraine Valley Community College, and most recently at Lincoln Land Community College where he serves as Associate Vice President, Education Outreach. Additionally, Scott is the recipient of numerous honors and awards which are indicative of his character and values, including the 2015 Academic Integrity Seminar Grant Award, the 2015 Leadership Award for Research in the Field, the 2014 Chairperson’s Award for Outstanding Contributions, the 2010 League for Innovation nominee for Innovation of the Year, and the 2008 Outstanding New Student Communications Award.
Scott received his Bachelor of Science degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management in 1995 and a Master of Education degree in Adult and Higher Education Administration in 2006 from the University of Missouri. He earned a Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration from Illinois State University in 2015. He has 12-years of administrative and executive level experience in both academic and student affairs. He has over eight years of teaching experience at the college level – four years full-time, four years adjunct – and over eight years leading faculty and/or other instructional personnel.
Meet the Instructional Leadership Team
- Jill Riethmayer, Dean of Instruction for Creekside/Business and Industry Workforce
- Dr. Shelley Diviney, Dean of Instruction for Health and Sciences
- Mindy Coleman, Dean of Instruction First Year Foundations
- Jared Cootz, Dean of Instruction for Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Pam Shafer, Director - Library
Administrative responsibilities include:
- providing leadership to the various areas of instruction
- working with President’s Cabinet for strategic planning, policy development, budget management and implementation of college-wide programs and services
- planning and producing an annual schedule of classes
- representing the College and its programs to outside groups including the development of partnerships with other colleges, K-12 programs and other agencies.
Division Contact Information
|LSC-Tomball SP 16 Fast Facts|
|LSC-Tomball Core Metrics Summary Card|
|Search for Classes|
|View the Academic Calendar|
|View the Final Exam Schedule|