Vice President of Instruction
Welcome to the webpage for the Vice President of Instruction (VPI), who serves as the Chief Academic Officer for Lone Star College – Tomball. Creating a collegiate environment that supports student learning and promotes faculty excellence is the overall responsibility of the VPI.
Meet the Vice President of Instruction
Dr. Cynthia Casparis is serving as Interim Vice President of Instruction. Dr. Capsaris has served as an instructional dean in the Health, Kinesiology, Natural Sciences, and Technology division for the last few years.
Meet the Instructional Leadership Team
To accomplish the mission of the VPI’s office requires a collaborative approach to the art and science of teaching and learning.
- Jill Riethmayer, Dean of Instruction for Arts, Business, Behavioral Sciences, and Social Sciences
- Dr. Cindy Casparis, Dean of Instruction for Health, Kinesiology, Natural Sciences, and Technology
- Ms. Mindy Coleman, Interim Dean of Instruction for Developmental Studies, English, Languages, and Math
- Dr. Jackie Thomas, Assistant Dean of Instruction
- Pam Shafer, Director - Library
Administrative responsibilities include:
- providing leadership to the various areas of instruction
- working with President’s Cabinet for strategic planning, policy development, budget management and implementation of college-wide programs and services
- planning and producing an annual schedule of classes
- representing the College and its programs to outside groups including the development of partnerships with other colleges, K-12 programs and other agencies.
Division Contact Information
Dr. Cynthia Casparis
Interim Vice President of Instruction
Ms. Carol Hatfield