Get a Library Card
- Login off campus with your 14-digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/library card.
- Alternatively, you can use you myLoneStar username and password to access the databases by clicking the link beneath the barcode login.
NOTE: LSC students or faculty members can apply for a library barcode by completing the form below if they are not able to visit a campus.
- Lone Star College (LSC) students, faculty and staff are issued a LSC Photo ID/Library Card. At selected campuses, this card also serves as your print/copy card. Apply at the circulation desk at your Lone Star campus library. Your LSC Photo ID provides access to Assessment and Wellness Centers and discounts with some cooperating vendors.
- Community members may use library cards from Harris County Public Library and Montgomery County Memorial Library systems to borrow LSC Libraries resources at all LSC library locations. Patrons can be issued a Harris County Public Library Card at the LSC-CyFair Branch Library and LSC-Tomball Community Library locations. Texas residents can also print an application form for a Harris County Public Library Card (using the link/s under Full Service Library Cards), sign it, and bring it to a Harris County Branch library, along with proof of mailing address, to receive a library card within minutes.
- Please note that children under 18 years of age (other than emancipated children) may register when an adult has signed their child’s registration form.
- Harris County residents without HCPL traditional library cards or LSC photo ID/library cards can register for an iKnow Digital Access Card to get immediate access to online content including research databases, e-books, audiobooks, streaming video, and more. The iKnow Card is valid for three years and limited to Harris County residents only.
- All LSC card holders in good standing may request a TexShare card to receive borrowing privileges at other area public and academic libraries.
Questions? Please call or e-mail any Lone Star College library.
Lone Star College (LSC) Libraries are partners with Harris County Public Library (HCPL) and Montgomery County Memorial Library (MCML). Search the combined catalog and request books, videos or other circulating materials for delivery to the LSC, HCPL or MCML location nearest you.
If you are a LSC student or faculty member and not able to come to a campus, but need access to the library's electronic resources, apply for a library barcode by completing the form below. To check out library materials, you will need to be issued a permanent college photo ID.
- Complete all information below and click "Send the Request" button.
- Your barcode and PIN will be emailed to your LSC email account within 2 business days of this request. The library cannot issue barcode or PIN information over the phone, but you can make a phone request to have this information emailed to you.
- Your barcode number can be used to remotely access LSC Libraries e-books, articles and more from our databases.