Evening and Weekend College (EWC)
Work on Your Academic Core
Work on Your Core is a program at Lone Star College-CyFair where students take 8-week classes over the course of a year and become core complete. Core complete is sometimes called "the basics." Students take two classes at a time during each 8-week session for a total of 4 classes per semester. For more information, see the Work on Your Core website.
Programs and Partnerships
Don't have time to attend classes in the day? LSC-CyFair Evening & Weekend Programs are your solution! We offer you the flexibility to meet the demands of life by providing classes when you need them – after 5:00 pm weekdays and on Saturdays. See what classes we have available this Fall 2023 semester for Evening classes and Saturday classes. Be sure to come visit us on Funday Monday's - last Monday of each month for free snacks, fun, giveaways, and a mini resource fair!
Cy's Spotlight: Alum Credits Evening Classes for Success
Yvette Rodriguez - after raising three children, working 10 years with Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District and earning her LSC-CyFair associate degree in 2022, found a career doing what she loves — reading, writing, and storytelling. She worked a couple years as a CFISD elementary school receptionist before joining CFISD's Communication Department's team and then enrolling in 2018 at LSC-CyFair, a financial and logistical option.
"Had I not had the convenience of LSC-CyFair and the flexibility of taking evening classes, I probably would not be where I am today."
Yvette, who now enjoys a new communications position working in business development remotely for Gilbert Garcia Group, P.A., a Florida law firm, is also currently pursuing a University of Houston Bachelor of Arts degree in Strategic Communication with an integrated Communication Concentration.
Don't miss these upcoming events!
- Fall classes - Registration opened April 6th. Check out all of the available Fall Evening and Weekend classes.
- ESL Talk Time - Mondays 6-8pm in LRNC 131
- Young Adult for Adults Book Club - 2nd Tuesday of the Month, 6:30-7:30pm
- Chem-Work Station - Every Wednesday 4:00-6:00pm
- Dance Team Tryouts - Friday, Sept 8th, 5:00-7:00pm
- Saturday classes begin! - Saturday, Sept 9th.
- Light Up the Semester - Wednesday, Sept 13th, 7:30-8:30pm
- Loteria - Tuesday, Sept 19th, 4:00-6pm
- Funday Monday - Monday, Sept 25th, 5:30-6:30pm
- Terrific Tuesday - Tuesday, Sept 26th, 5:30-6:30pm
Fall Classes That Fit Your Schedule
- Associate of Arts (AA)
- Associate of Science (AS)
- Business, AA
- Logistics Management, AAS
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Speech Communication, AA
- Teaching, AA
- Machining Technology, AS
*Check class schedule for availability
For Questions about Nursing:
Lone Star College-CyFair does not offer the nursing program classes in the evenings. However, many of the prerequisites to the program can be taking in the evenings, weekend, or online. Visit the LSC-CyFair Nursing Department for information about accreditation, deadlines and other requirements.
The LSC-Kingwood campus offers evening hours for the ADN program.