Fairbanks Learning Commons
The Lone Star College-Fairbanks Center Learning Commons provides on-site use of computer and library resources.
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||CLOSED|
The Learning Commons follows the Lone Star College holiday schedule.
Services and General Information
- Equipped with 32 computers
- Internet and email access for class-related activities
- Computer log-in process requires your myLoneStar user name and password, or a Harris County Public Library barcode and PIN. Non-students/non-library patrons will need to request a temporary user name and password
- Printing/copying (10 cents/page with print card; copying is 15 cents/page with cash), scanning
- Assistance with application process
- Help with software questions
- The Learning Commons houses several items available for instructors to check out for classroom use: assorted videos, headphones, clickers, presenters, Accelerated Learning tools, and a set of iPads
- The Learning Commons also provides students with the ability to borrow calculators (graphing and 10 key), voice recorders, textbooks and headsets
- Students can request materials from campus libraries to pick up at the Learning Commons
- Ask a Librarian: Email CyFairLibrary@LoneStar.edu; call 281-290-3214 or text 832-463-0478
- As part of the LSC-CyFair Library we benefit from partnership with the Harris County Public Library, allowing us access to exceptional programming, materials and services
- Student and Staff ID cards are made in the Learning Commons. The card is also a Harris County Public Library card, with library bar code on the back. A PIN is also required for library use. Card can have money loaded onto it for printing and copying in the Learning Commons at 10 cents per page. The card can be renewed each semester of enrollment by presenting it to the Business Office for a new semester sticker. If your card needs to be replaced for any reason, a $10 replacement fee will be charged
- Tutoring Center, room 113, offers free tutoring in English, ESOL, and Math.
- Houses Testing Center
- Assistive Technology Check out