- July 19, 2016Lone Star College will partner with AmeriCorps Texas to build a mentoring program for first generation college students. The program will be developed through a three year grant of $353,000 per year from the OneStar Foundation Commission.
- July 18, 2016
Lone Star College-North Harris held a groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate construction of a 55,000 square foot Construction and Skilled Trades Technology Center.
- July 14, 2016Lone Star College has been selected to take part in the Texas Pathways Project, a program which examines the way students transition from public education to community colleges and four-year universities.
- July 11, 2016The Lone Star College System Board of Trustees will conduct a budget workshop July 14, 2016, at noon in the board room of the Training and Development Center located at 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, Texas 77381 for the purpose of reviewing the proposed budget for 2016-2017. No action will be taken.
- July 07, 2016
The Lone Star College Foundation announced that James Burgess Harrison III, RA, Sallie Rainer and Debra F. Sukin NHA, Ph.D. have been appointed to its board of directors.
- June 30, 2016
Lone Star College students will find a simpler way to transfer to Texas Southern University thanks to a new agreement between the two institutions.
- June 09, 2016
As part of an effort funded by the Walmart Foundation, Lone Star College is providing English language training to Kroger employees to increase their English proficiency and improve their communication skills.
- June 06, 2016The National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) at The University of Texas at Austin granted 20 Lone Star College faculty members with the NISOD Excellence Award during its recent conference.
- May 31, 2016The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation awarded four Lone Star College students with its Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship, making it possible for the students to complete their bachelor’s degrees at a selective four-year college or university.
- May 27, 2016Children who are accident or crime victims can become traumatized and require special attention to help them cope. The Leadership North Houston (LNH) Class XXI developed a community service project to address this need through the 911 Bear Project: “Give a Bear, Share a Bear.”