- Beat the Heat with Summer Classes at Lone Star College-Montgomery - May 16, 2013
Get a head start on your college goals this summer at Lone Star College-Montgomery. With two summer sessions—the first beginning June 3, and the second beginning July 11, LSC-Montgomery has lots of classes available for those wanting to beat the heat and complete a college course in just six weeks.
- Human Services Students Donate Books to Help Foster Care Children - May 07, 2013
Students in Lone Star College-Montgomery’s Human Services Student Organization collected eight boxes of children’s books for Court Appointed Special Advocates of Montgomery County (CASA). These books will help restore CASA’s nearly depleted current library of books, which is used by children and teens in the foster care system in Montgomery County.
- Lone Star College-Montgomery’s Class of 2013 Graduation Ceremony on Friday, May 10 - May 07, 2013
Congratulations to Lone Star College-Montgomery’s Class of 2013, who will be recognized for their achievements at the college’s commencement ceremony on Friday, May 10, at 6 p.m., at The Woodlands Church-Fellowship Campus.
- LSC-Montgomery’s Juried Student Art Exhibit on Display May 6-10 - May 06, 2013
Lone Star College-Montgomery’s art department ends their spring art exhibit season with the Juried Student Art Exhibit, on display May 6-10 in the college’s Mary Matteson-Parrish Art Gallery, located in the Performing Arts Center (Building D). The community is invited to the opening reception on Monday, May 6, at noon, in the same location, where refreshments will be served.
- May 15 Ceremony Celebrates Fresh Start for LSC-Montgomery’s GED Graduates - May 02, 2013
At the age of 45, Leslie Hinojosa made a decision that changed the course of her life. With prompting from her sister, Hinojosa uprooted her family and moved from Corpus Christi to Montgomery for a fresh start, beginning with obtaining her General Education Development (GED) certificate from Lone Star College-Montgomery in 2007.
- Vets Uncensored: Student Veterans Offer Insight into the Transition to Civilian Life - May 02, 2013
A group of veterans offered Lone Star College-Montgomery staff and faculty a glimpse into the modern student veteran during “Vets Uncensored,” a question and answer session held last month at LSC-Montgomery.
- Happy Birthday Walt! College’s Celebrates Poet’s Birthday with Annual Gathering - April 29, 2013
Continuing the long-running annual tradition of sonnet and verse, Lone Star College-Montgomery’s Writers In Performance series hosts a birthday celebration for acclaimed poet Walt Whitman, on Thursday, May 9, at 3 p.m., in the Health Science Center (Building B), Room 102.
- 4th Annual Opera, Silent Auction for Scholarships on May 3 - April 29, 2013
The Chamber Singers from Lone Star College-Montgomery will perform the 4th Annual Opera Gala on Friday, May 3, at 7 p.m., in the Recital Hall, located in the college’s Music Hall (Building H).
- Assistance League® has Scholarship Money for College Students - April 25, 2013
Lone Star College-Montgomery students—especially those returning to college after a major life or career change—have a unique scholarship opportunity from Assistance League® of Montgomery County.
- From ‘The Projects’ to Ph.D. – Women’s Tea Inspires with Stories of Success - April 19, 2013
During her early beginnings in “the projects” of an East Texas town, Dr.
Tameka Williams-Bruce, Lone Star College System’s senior human
resources manager, had a dream for something more than the circumstances
around her. She realized that dream this February when, after years of
long days and late nights studying, Williams-Bruce earned her doctorate
degree in organization and management from Capella University.