- May 15, 2015For LSC-Montgomery nursing student Darla Miller, the distinction to be recognized in the special May 2015 Salute to Nurses edition of the Houston Chronicle is not just about her hard work and dedication, but also is a reflection on the caliber of the college’s program, professors and students.
- May 15, 2015Discover rewarding ways your child can thrive this summer at LSC-Montgomery's Discovery College, a fun and exciting enrichment program for youth, with weekly camps beginning Monday, June 15, and running through Thursday, July 16.
- May 12, 2015As an international student from Venezuela, earning a living on her own while attending college full-time in the United States, LSC-Montgomery student Ariana Rosario couldn’t be more honored to accept the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship recently awarded to her.
- May 11, 2015Get a head start on your college goals this summer at LSC-Montgomery. With two summer sessions—the first beginning Monday, June 1, and the second beginning Monday, July 9, LSC-Montgomery has many classes available for those wanting to beat the heat and complete a college course in just six weeks.
- May 11, 2015As part of a national initiative to expand undergraduate research opportunities to community college students, five LSC-Montgomery science students will showcase their unique projects at the Community College Undergraduate Research Initiative (CCURI) Spring 2015 Student Poster session held in Portland, Oregon, this month.
- May 07, 2015What does one do when their own dragon sketches seem to have an enchanting tale to tell but no one knows what it is? In the case of 15-year old dual credit sophomore and LSC-Montgomery student Kathryn Friesen, she decided she would craft the world she could escape to herself, and is now penning an entire series for others to disappear to with her.
- May 07, 2015When Ivan Torres, a student at Lone Star College-Montgomery, learned that the college was offering a free ride last month for 40 students to go to the University of Texas, he couldn't pass it up.
- May 07, 2015A number of Lone Star College-Montgomery students in the college’s health-related programs will be able to continue their education with less financial burden thanks to scholarship funds raised at this year’s Healthier U, the college’s annual wellness expo and job fair.
- May 04, 2015
Lone Star College-Montgomery history professor Dr. Craig Livingston has been selected as a 2015 Piper Professor, a statewide award that recognizes professors who excel in their teaching dedication, by the Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation.
- April 27, 2015Algae Cultivation, Help From LSC-Montgomery Biotechnology Lab Leads High School Student to Science AwardIt was the faint iridescent glow of algae in the water in the dark of night that helped to guide former Apollo 13 astronaut James Lovell and his flight crew home safety during World War II. Had it not been for a phosphorous trail churning beneath a passing ship’s propellers that could be seen for miles, a series of unfortunate events that left their fighter jet malfunctioning would have been catastrophic.