- January 20, 2015
Lone Star College-Montgomery and the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) recently announced Dr. Kelly Weller, Gary Brown, Renee La Rue, and Lori Hughes as Faculty Excellence Award recipients for their dedication and contribution on campus, for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- January 13, 2015LSC-Montgomery’s art department will host photographer Marti Corn’s exhibit “The Ground on Which I Stand,” a photo essay and oral history of the Freedmen’s Town of Tamina, Texas, on display Monday, January 12, through Friday, February 13, in the college’s Mary Matteson-Parrish Art Gallery, located in the Performing Arts Center (Building D).
- January 09, 2015The Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL) at Lone Star College-Montgomery, a program for the 50-plus retired or semi-retired community, will host an open house on Saturday, January 24, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., upstairs in the Atrium of the Health Science Center (building B). The program, celebrating its 15th anniversary this year, has invited the public to celebrate, and entertainment and refreshments will be provided.
- January 09, 2015Dr. Rebecca Riley has been named LSC-Montgomery interim president beginning Jan. 15. Riley replaces Dr. Austin Lane who was recently promoted to LSC executive vice chancellor.
- January 06, 2015
More than two dozen Magnolia residents, business and community leaders have joined with Lone Star College-Montgomery's leadership team to begin planning for the soon-to-be-constructed Lone Star College-Magnolia Center.
- January 06, 2015Are those high-achievers bringing you down? Well, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em – in the LSC-Montgomery Honors College. The Honors College, designed to set high-achievers apart with a wide range of opportunities, offers advantages of a small “college within a college,” while still providing access to the same extensive benefits available to traditional students.
- December 18, 2014The Early Bird Gets…Free Tuition? Lone Star College-Montgomery’s 'Avoid the Stampede' Early Registration Contest Winner Announced
For some LSC-Montgomery students, the greatest perk for early registration is having the best selection of classes for the upcoming semester. But for student Phalisatee White, the greatest perk for registering early is walking away with her spring semester tuition paid for.
- December 18, 2014While a career in land surveying and mapping technology may no longer be a viable profession to become President of the United States – as it once was with our Founding Fathers, recent technological changes such as drones, satellite imaging, and global positioning systems (GPS) have made this career choice an exciting – and challenging – one for students at LSC-Montgomery.
- December 18, 2014
Have you ever been to a concert or performance and wondered, “how do they do that,” as you become mesmerized by the events alluringly simultaneous light and sound display?
- December 18, 2014LSC-Montgomery held its annual holiday benefit concert earlier this month, donating more than $1,600 in proceeds from the night’s heartfelt event to Interfaith of The Woodlands, a faith-based organization that brings people together to build a more loving and caring community through service.