- May 16, 2018
The French Embassy in the United States has selected LSC-Montgomery student Jocelyne Trevino to attend Rendez-Vous, a 10-day environment and energy summer school in Paris, June 11-20. Trevino’s transportation to Paris and lodging are covered by a scholarship. Also covered are cultural activities like visits to Notre-Dame, the Eiffel Tower and the Palace of Versailles.
- May 15, 2018
LSCollege-Montgomery student Abigail Graber is heading to one of the top three most selective undergraduate programs in the United States… Stanford University.
- May 15, 2018
For the fourth year in a row, 10 honors students from LSC-Montgomery helped the College win the most prestigious award at the National Model United Nations (NMUN) Conference in New York City. Lone Star College received an Outstanding Delegation Award. This award is given to approximately 20 schools out of more than 200 participating international colleges and universities.
- May 09, 2018Student affected by Hurricane Harvey will walk triumphantly at Lone Star College-Montgomery commencement Thursday, May 10
It is hard to imagine that recovery is still ongoing if you were not affected by Hurricane Harvey, but for LSC-Montgomery student Holly Clay, it is just a fact of life. She lost everything in the floods and rebuilt from the ground up while staying on track with her education. Now, when she triumphantly marches across the stage to receive her Associates of Arts degree at the LSC-Montgomery’s commencement on Thursday May 10, the moment will be twice as sweet.
- May 08, 2018Lone Star College-Montgomery student overcomes medical setback to receive associates degree and prestigious transfer scholarship
LSC-Montgomery student Sarah Bigham was awarded the prestigious Smith-Hutson Transfer Scholarship, receiving financial support up to a maximum of $17,500 per academic year to attend Sam Houston State University. More than 580 students applied and only approximately 20 were awarded the scholarship.
- May 01, 2018Teens complete associates degrees at Lone Star College-Montgomery before receiving high school diplomas
Caden Sanborn and Bethany Perez have earned their associates of arts before their high school diploma. Both attended iSchool High a public charter school that has a partnership with LSC-Montgomery where students can receive college credit for free with all tuition and fees waived.
- April 26, 2018“Mattress Mack” to address Lone Star College-Montgomery class of 2018 at commencement Thursday, May 10
Congratulations to the LSC-Montgomery class of 2018 who will be recognized for their achievements at the commencement ceremony Thursday, May 10, at 6 p.m. at The Woodlands Church-Fellowship Campus.
- April 25, 2018Lone Star College-Montgomery goes beyond the textbook: undergraduate research selected to prestigious conferences
Two research projects developed by LSC-Montgomery students were selected to the Community College Undergraduate Research Initiative Colloquium. One of those projects, Medicine on Mars, was also selected to the National Conference on Undergraduate Research, which included projects from major four-year universities.
- April 17, 2018Send your children to Lone Star College-Montgomery for a summer of discovery: Robotics and Lego® Engineering summer camp courses filling up fast!
It is time to start thinking about keeping your kids busy this summer. Sending your children to Discovery College at LSC-Montgomery is a great way to combat the “summer brain drain” and your kids will have so much fun, they won’t even realize they are learning!
- April 16, 2018
High school juniors and seniors from Conroe and Magnolia ISD are invited to Lone Star College-Montgomery for Math and Minorities in STEM (M&Ms in STEM) Summer Institute July 9 – 26 to learn about college life while also focusing on developing math proficiencies for the college placement exam, the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment.