- New ‘University Connections Series’ Offers Taste of University Academics - December 02, 2013
A new twist in select LSC-Montgomery classes will let students see beyond the community college classroom—literally—via in-class videoconferencing sessions or face-to-face meetings with other students at local universities. It’s LSC-Montgomery’s “University Connections Series,” a group of classes where LSC-Montgomery students will interact electronically and/or in-person with the professor and students from classes in similar disciplines from universities.
- A Giving Spirit as Big as Texas: College Collects 20,000 Cans for Food Bank - November 27, 2013
Students, staff, and faculty at LSC-Montgomery collected and donated 20,606 cans to the Montgomery County Food Bank as part of the Maverick Give-a-Can project.
- Poetry Reading, Celebration Commemorates Emily Dickinson’s Birthday - November 21, 2013
Presentation at LSC-Montgomery Part of Writers in Performance Series
Literary lovers will enjoy a whimsical birthday celebration honoring poet Emily Dickinson at LSC-Montgomery on Thursday, December 5, at 3 p.m., in the Health Science Center (Building B), Room 102. The event is free and open to the public.
- Celebrate Yuletide Customs During “A Celtic Christmas” at LSC-Montgomery - November 20, 2013
Celebrate the holidays with
a unique and exciting presentation, A Celtic Christmas, by The Celtic Sons, at
LSC-Montgomery, on Monday, December 9, at 12 p.m., in the
Performing Arts Center (Building D). The community is invited to this free
- Lone Star College-Montgomery Hosts Women’s Self-Defense Class - November 19, 2013
LSC-Montgomery will host a Women’s Self-Defense Course on Monday, December 2, from 3-4:30
p.m., in the LSC-Montgomery aerobics room (Commons Building, Bldg. A, Room 118).
- College’s ‘Writers in Performance’ Series Features Poet Joseph Campana - November 15, 2013
LSC-Montgomery’s Writers in Performance series welcomes Joseph Campana to read excerpts of his work on Thursday, November 21, at 7 p.m., in the Library Building (Building F).
- College’s Annual Holiday Concert Supports Interfaith of The Woodlands - November 14, 2013
The entire family is invited to join LSC-Montgomery in
giving back to the community during the annual Holiday Benefit Concert, on
Thursday, December 5, at 7:30 p.m., in the Performing Arts Center (Building D).
- Ready? Set? Register! Avoid the Stampede Registration Event Nov. 20-21 - November 14, 2013
LSC-Montgomery current and prospective students are encouraged to
register for the spring 2014 semester during “Avoid the Stampede,” an early registration
initiative beginning Monday, November 18, (the first day of registration) and
extending through December.
- LSC-Montgomery’s Mini-Mester Courses Offer Quick Return for University Students - November 11, 2013
Earn college credit in just a few weeks during LSC-Montgomery’s winter mini-mester session, which begins December 16.
- Drama Students Tackle Bullying, Tolerance, and Other Issues in Upcoming Play - November 08, 2013
Students in LSC-Montgomery’s Delta Psi Omega theatre
fraternity present Dog Sees God:
Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead by Bert V. Royal November 21- 23, at 7
p.m. each evening, with a matinee performance on November 23 at 3 p.m. This
show takes place in the Black Box Theatre, which is located on the second floor
of the Performing Arts Center (Building D).