- March 03, 2015
Staff members at LSC-Montgomery are a key component to ensuring student success. Recently, four members, Janis Bloecher, Cheri-Tee Ben, Mozhgan Pourasadollah, and Michael Roberts, were recognized for their outstanding service and achievement with the college’s annual Staff Excellence Award.
- February 24, 2015Author, educator, and librarian D.H. Figueredo sets out to discredit the myths and falsehoods of the American West by chronicling the cultural perceptions that led to historical inaccuracies in his lecture on Thursday, March 19, at 11:30 a.m., as part of Lone Star College-Montgomery’s Lyceum Speaker’s Series. The lecture, which is free to the public, will take place in the Music Hall (Building H), on the LSC-Montgomery campus.
- February 17, 2015
CONROE (February 17, 2015) – “Close your eyes and picture yourself traveling on an elevator up several floors. As you travel up each floor, you are getting sleepier and sleepier….”
The Lone Star College-Montgomery psychology club and Psi Beta, the college’s psychology honor society, welcome Dr. William Mitchell, a practicing clinical hypnotist and certified hypnosis instructor, to show enthusiasts and skeptics just how cliché that line really is.
- February 12, 2015
CONROE (February 12, 2015) – Lone Star College-Montgomery is proud to recognize Clayton Lust, Jocelyne Laing, Dr. Patricia Schwartz, and Mead McLean as Adjunct Faculty Excellence Award recipients in honor of their dedication, expertise, and accomplishments on campus, for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- February 11, 2015
CONROE (February 11, 2015) – In the often-misunderstood world of autism, Grant Manier, special needs advocate and one of the most intriguing and captivating young Eco-Impressionists of today, is a amazing example of how this complex disorder can grant some of the most amazing gifts–a window of imagination and the artistic mind . . .
- February 10, 2015In an effort to assist lower-income families with filing their taxes, LSC-Montgomery and LSC-Conroe Center are providing free income tax preparation for community residents.
- February 09, 2015The LSC-Montgomery drama department and Delta Psi Omega, National Theatre Honor Society, are starting the spring semester with the Actors Workshop, playing Thursday, February 19, and Friday, February 20, at 7:00 p.m., and Saturday, February 21, at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m., in the Black Box Theatre (D204) in Building D.
- January 27, 2015LSC-Montgomery is seeking booth exhibitors and sponsors for Healthier U, a community-wide wellness expo, job fair, and golf tournament that provides scholarships for students while promoting healthier living in the community.
- January 20, 2015
Lone Star College-Montgomery and the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) recently announced Dr. Kelly Weller, Gary Brown, Renee La Rue, and Lori Hughes as Faculty Excellence Award recipients for their dedication and contribution on campus, for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- January 13, 2015LSC-Montgomery’s art department will host photographer Marti Corn’s exhibit “The Ground on Which I Stand,” a photo essay and oral history of the Freedmen’s Town of Tamina, Texas, on display Monday, January 12, through Friday, February 13, in the college’s Mary Matteson-Parrish Art Gallery, located in the Performing Arts Center (Building D).