- Lone Star College-University Park spotlights student-mom on Mother’s Day - May 09, 2014
Shawna Beaudreau, former Navy veteran and student at Lone Star College-University Park, shares her story about motherhood. Her daughter, Anna, happened to be born at the naval base where Shawna was stationed shortly after 9/11.
- Lone Star College-University Park holds first commencement ceremony - May 07, 2014
Former NFL linebacker Marcus Wilkins will address the 2014 graduating class at Lone Star College-University Park’s May 9 commencement, which will be held at 7 p.m. in West Dining.
- Lone Star College-University Park spotlights graduating students - May 05, 2014
Commencement at Lone Star College-University Park is scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday, May 9 at West Dining on the campus located at 20515 SH 249 (at Louetta Road). We proudly spotlight graduates from the 2014 commencement class of LSC-University Park.
- Lone Star College-University Park dedicates Energy and Manufacturing Institute - May 01, 2014
The new 70,000 square-foot Energy and Manufacturing Institute (EMI) will be dedicated at a ribbon cutting ceremony at 10 a.m. on May 14. The building, located on the campus of Lone Star College-University Park at 11521 Compaq Center West Drive, will be a hub for high-tech workforce training in energy and manufacturing.
- Registration for fall underway at Lone Star College-University Park - April 11, 2014
Lone Star College-University Park has announced exciting, new course offerings for the 2014 fall semester that starts Aug. 25. Registration for fall is now underway and students are urged to register early since classes fill quickly.
- Galaxy 21 Live forums enrich academic experience at Lone Star College-University Park - April 10, 2014
Is there a link between student success and visits to the Houston Museum of Natural Science or the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston? If education values critical thinking with a broad knowledge of the world, then the ideal place to start might be the humanities.
- A blood donation can save three lives: Give at Lone Star College-University Park - April 02, 2014
Lone Star College-University Park, in conjunction with the Methodist Hospital System, will host a blood drive event on April 7 and 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Bldg. 13, 2nd Floor.
- Roar-UP! Become part of the PRIDE at LSC-University Park - March 28, 2014
The pride of LSC-University Park will be on full display April 3 as we welcome the community to a Roar-UP Open House event. Join us from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. and experience what LSC-University Park has to offer.
- Lone Star College hosted education leaders and experts from across United States - March 07, 2014
The National Alliance of Community and Technical Colleges (NACTC) held its 2014 Winter Conference at Lone Star College–University Park on Feb. 20-21.
The theme of this year’s conference was: Bringing the World to the Classroom and the Classroom to the World.
- Registration for Mini-Mester and Summer classes at Lone Star College-University Park begins March 5 - March 05, 2014
Students wanting to move their degree plans closer to graduation or transfer can take advantage of low-cost options available at Lone-Star College-University Park. Registration begins March 5 for Summer I, Summer II and the May Mini-Mester.
- Harris County Sheriff Deputies honored by LSC-University Park President - March 03, 2014
Lone Star College-University Park President Shah Ardalan paid tribute to three Harris County Sheriff deputies during the February meeting of the Houston North West Chamber of Commerce.
- Fast-track IT courses coming to Lone Star College-University Park - March 03, 2014
Lone Star College-University Park will begin offering a faster, self-directed 100 percent online competency-based IT certificate starting March 17.
- Lone Star College-University Park welcomes Chinese delegation - February 18, 2014
The world got a little flatter this week when Lone Star College-University Park hosted a visit by a delegation representing Chinese cultural organizations on Feb. 17.
- Lone Star College-University Park/iSchool High student pens and publishes new YA fantasy novel - February 14, 2014
Kathryn Friesen is inspiring others to reach for their dreams. The 14-year-old author and student at LSC-University Park and iSchool High has proven that writing and publishing a YA novel can become reality.
- Lone Star College-University Park partner programs welcome visitors of all ages - February 12, 2014
Lone Star College-University Park brought together the young and the young-at-heart for two events on Feb. 6 that demonstrated the wide-range of programs available on the campus for every member of the community, from toddlers to seniors.
- Lone Star College student essay winner finds confidence and belonging upon returning to college at age 45 - February 10, 2014
Lone Star College student Kara Vigants represents everything positive about a returning college student over 40, including a love of learning. She recently won the 2014 Lone Star College Foundation Student Essay Challenge by writing about her learning experience and how it has influenced her life. Vigants and her award-winning student essay were recognized at the Lone Star College Chancellor’s Breakfast on Feb. 5.
- Lone Star College-University Park celebrates Black History Month - February 03, 2014
February is Black History Month! Join Lone Star College-University Park as we celebrate the contributions and culture of African-Americans.
- Lone Star College-University Park goes to Washington: Award-winning innovation highlighted by Obama Administration - January 31, 2014
When President Obama talked during his State of the Union address on Jan. 28 about the White House’s commitment to help high-school and college students succeed, members of the Lone Star College-University Park innovation team were not surprised. For them, it was a case of “been there, doing that.”
- Lone Star College-University Park students register for Late Start - January 22, 2014
Although the start of the 2014 spring term at Lone Star College-University Park has come and gone, registration is now ongoing for Late Start classes
- Lone Star College-University Park springs into new semester - January 03, 2014
Lone Star College-University Park students are anticipating a return from the holidays with the official start of the 2014 spring term. Registration is currently underway for classes, which begin Jan. 13.
- Lone Star College-University Park: A bridge between China and the United States - December 16, 2013
LSC-University Park President Shah Ardalan and two LSC-North Harris employees were selected to participate in the 2013 Chinese Bridge Delegation, a one-week educational exchange program in China Nov. 6-14. The program was sponsored by the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) in China.
- Lone Star College-University Park to hold Dec. 2 hiring fair - November 21, 2013
Qualified part-time instructors, tutors and more will be recruited Dec. 2 at Lone Star College-University Park’s hiring fair in response to an ever-present need for candidates in a number of subject areas.
- LSC-University Park president celebrates Opening the Door to Citizenship Month - November 20, 2013
Lone Star College-University Park celebrated Opening the Door to Citizenship Month with a public art unveiling in collaboration with the Texan French Alliance for the Arts on Nov. 19. The event honored LSC-University Park’s dedication to opening educational doors of opportunity and helping to achieve greater awareness of what it means to be an engaged citizen.
- Former NFL player will be special guest on LSC-University Park’s Visionary Talk Radio - November 04, 2013
Visionary Talk Radio for Higher Education (VTR.4he) at Lone Star College-University Park will welcome sports and business thought leader, Marcus Wilkins to discuss “The Mind Muscle: Think Critically to Think Smarter” in an exclusive, live broadcast Nov. 18 at 3:30 p.m.
Listeners are encouraged to interact live with Wilkins in West Dining at LSC-University Park, via the Internet at http://blogtalkradio.com/visionary4he or call in at 347.850.8330.
- Lone Star College System receives award from Lone Star Legal Aid - November 01, 2013
Lone Star College
System recently received a 2013 Pro Bono Award from the Lone Star Legal Aid (LSLA)
during a reception celebrating National Pro Bono week.
The organization specifically recognized LSC-University
Park for its partnership, which includes hosting and promoting various LSLA
events. The reception was held last week
at the LSLA offices in downtown Houston.
- Lone Star College-University Park announces winter/spring registration dates - November 01, 2013
Registration for three and four-week courses, known as “mini-mesters,” along with the 2014 spring term at Lone Star College-University Park will begin Monday, Nov. 18.
- LSC-University Park Library announces recycled book art winners - October 21, 2013
Winners of the Second Life for Books recycled art project were recently announced by the Student Learning Resource Center (SLRC) at Lone Star College-University Park. Utilizing their creativity, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills, students in the Drawing I class of art instructor Kari Breitigam created unique 3-D sculptures from recycled books.
- LSC-University Park to host events for Disability Awareness Day - October 15, 2013
Lone Star College-University Park will be hosting an Equal Learning Opportunity Expo for Disability Awareness Day Oct. 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
“We’d like to encourage everyone to attend our inaugural Disability Awareness Day and tour our exciting and innovative campus,” said Fonda Johnson-Gaddie of Counseling, Disability and Career Services.
- LSC-University Park Offers Classes at Cypress Creek Christian Community Center - October 08, 2013
Lone Star College-University Park will be expanding course offerings at Cypress Creek Christian Community Center in the Spring with new classes in Art Appreciation and Forms of Literature.
- Open the door to your future at LSC-University Park. Enrollment still underway! - August 12, 2013
Anyone interested in upgrading their job skills, training for a new career, or starting on a bachelor’s degree is encouraged to enroll in fall semester classes at Lone Star College-University Park.
Fall semester classes start Monday, Aug. 26. Tuition for 12 credit hours starts at $704. Call 281-290-2600 or visit LoneStar.edu/UP for more information.
- Children ages 9-12 can attend college this summer at Lone Star College-University Park - June 14, 2013
“LSC-University Park is pleased to be able to offer fun and exciting camps this summer for our younger students,” said Shah Ardalan, president of LSC-University Park. “This is a great way to expose children to LSC-University Park and get them interested in our innovative college atmosphere at an early age.”
- Lone Star College beat out more than 200 global institutions for Innovation Award boosting U.S. Department of Education’s ‘MyData’ application - June 06, 2013
Campus Technology magazine announced June 1 that Lone Star College System received their 2013 Campus Technology Innovators award for the Student Systems and Services category.
Lone Star College-University Park competed with 235 submitted entries from higher education institutions around the globe.
- Faculty excellence honored at Lone Star College-University Park - May 29, 2013
Three area faculty members were named Lone Star College-University Park’s first faculty Excellence Award Winners and were recognized at the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) conference in Austin, TX, May 26 to 29.
- Lone Star College-University Park officially graduates first class. - May 15, 2013
Lone Star College-University Park’s Class of 2013, the college’s first graduating class, were recognized for their academic achievements on May 11 at the spring 2013 Commencement. The ceremony for both LSC-University Park and Lone Star College-Tomball students was held at 10 a.m. at Fellowship of The Woodlands.
- Houston-based Corrpro creates endowment at Lone Star College-University Park - April 22, 2013
Houston-based Corrpro, a global provider of corrosion control and integrity engineering services, recently created an endowment at Lone Star College-University Park as part of its expanding partnership.
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society chartered at LSC-University Park - April 19, 2013
The LSC-University Park Beta Upsilon Nu Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa held its Spring Chartering and Induction Ceremony April 16, inducting 40 students.
- Fall registration at LSC-University Park begins April 10 - April 08, 2013
The fall semester is right around the corner. Fall registration at Lone Star College-University Park will be open for all students beginning April 10. Although the fall semester doesn’t begin until August 26, classes fill up quickly.
- Lone Star College System and Virtual Intelligence Providers partnership to benefit local global corporations - February 28, 2013
Lone Star College System (LSCS) and Virtual Intelligence Providers, LLC (VIP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to establish an innovative educational and commercial partnership to align corporate training needs with higher education programs.
- Need money for college? Lone Star College-University Park can help! - February 28, 2013
Do you need money for college but don’t know how financial aid works? Lone Star College-University Park can assist students with several free financial aid workshops available through April 1.
LSC-University Park’s office of financial aid will provide students with on-site assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Lone Star College-University Park to sponsor criminal justice symposium and community day - February 28, 2013
LSC-University Park will hst its first Criminal Justice Symposium and Community Day in celebration of Criminal Justice Month. The event, will be Wednesday, March 27 from 10a.m. until 2p.m.
Lone Star College-University Park is home to LSCS’s Law Enforcement Academy. In addition, University of Houston Downtown-Northwest Campus, a partner universities at the college’s University Center offers degrees in criminal justice.
- Lone Star College-University Park offers May mini-courses - February 27, 2013
Registration for three-week courses known as mini-mesters and the 2013 summer term at Lone Star College-University Park will begin Wed., March 6.
- Poet who beats odds will present free program at LSC-University Park - February 19, 2013
Nationally recognized author, entertainer and poet Odd?Rod (aka Roderick Borisade) will host an Open Mic Night at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at Lone Star College-University Park, in Building 13, Room 210. The free event is open to the public. Doors open at 6:00 p.m.
- LSC-University Park mathematics professor receives excellence award - February 12, 2013
Devika Lalsinghani, professor of mathematics at Lone Star College-University Park, has been named a recipient of the inaugural 2012 John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award by the League for Innovation in Community College.
- LSCS and VIP: An Innovative Partnership to Add Value - February 09, 2013
“By partnering with VIP, we can provide comprehensive, customized, and cost-effective services and programs to offer additional value to over 90 VIP global customers and hundreds of existing LSCS customers,” said Shah Ardalan, president, LSC-University Park.
- Lone Star College System to dedicate sixth college - December 06, 2012
On Thursday, Dec. 6 more than 300 people joined Lone Star College System Chancellor Dr. Richard Carpenter and Lone Star College-University Park president Shah Ardalan in celebrating the dedication of the Lone Star College-University Park campus.
- Lone Star College-University Park to salute veterans - November 09, 2012
Lone Star College-University Park will host a Veterans Awareness Day Monday, Nov. 12 from 8 to 11 a.m. on the LSC-University Park campus, Bldg. 11, first floor. The event is to honor veterans and their families and educate the community on how to honor and treat those men and women who have served our country.
- Earn a college degree on weekends at LSC-University Park - November 08, 2012
Students at Lone Star College-University Park can now earn one of three degrees simply by attending weekend classes. Beginning in the spring 2013 semester, LSC-University Park students will be able to earn an Associate of Arts degree in Business, Teaching or a general associate degree through the campus’ weekend college.
- Lone Star College-University Park announces winter/spring registration dates - October 23, 2012
Registration for three and four-week courses known as mini-mesters and the 2013 spring term at Lone Star College-University Park will begin Wednesday, Nov. 7.
- Lone Star College-University Park official selected to attend White House education event - October 23, 2012
Lone Star College-University Park’s Chief Strategist for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Michael Mathews was one of several national thought-leaders invited to attend the White House Education Datapalooza in Washington on Oct. 9.
- It’s not too late to earn fall college credit! - October 09, 2012
Lone Star College-University Park is currently enrolling students for fall 2012 Second Start classes. These eight-week accelerated classes are perfect for students who missed the start of the standard semester or need flexibility in their scheduling due to work or family. Students can register up to the first day of each class, which begin Monday, Oct. 22.
- Lone Star College-University Park to host blood drive - October 05, 2012
Lone Star College-University Park, in conjunction with the Methodist Hospital System, will host a blood drive at the college Tuesday, Oct. 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Bldg. 12, 2nd Floor.
- Lone Star College-University Center at University Park to hold open house - October 05, 2012
Lone Star College-University Center at University Park will host an open house for students interested in transferring to one of the center’s four-year university partners: Sam Houston State University–Northwest Houston Campus, Texas Southern University-Northwest Campus, University of Houston-Northwest Campus, and University of Houston Downtown-Northwest.
- Lone Star College System Employees Advance in Local Speaking Competition - October 01, 2012
Lone Star College System employees Michael Mathews and Burton French took first place honors at the NW Houston Area L42 Toastmasters International speech contest held at Lone Star College-University Park on Saturday, Sept. 22.
- Lone Star College System to partner with Chinese Education Center in US - June 20, 2012
HOUSTON (June 20, 2012) – Lone Star College System and the Shanghai Oriental Chinese Education Development Center (SOCEDC) executed a memorandum of understanding June 11 to form the Texas Center for Sino-U.S. Education and Cultural Exchange.
- State Sen. Dan Patrick visits Lone Star College-University Park - May 31, 2012
HOUSTON (May 31, 2012) – State Sen. Dan Patrick visited Lone Star College-University Park May 23 to tour the new iSchool High at University Park and visit with students and administrators.