LSC-North Harris News
- LSC-North Harris announces new industrial diesel technology program - February 13, 2014
If you are good with your hands, and have a natural curiosity for how
machines work, industrial diesel technology could be a successful and rewarding
career for you. In response to the high-demand for jobs in the diesel technology
field, Lone Star College-North Harris is launching a new industrial diesel technology
program, slated to begin in mid-March.
- Julian Ciarella named as the 21st annual Chancellor’s Essay Winner for LSC-North Harris - February 13, 2014
Julian Ciarella has been selected as the Lone Star College-North Harris
winner of the annual Chancellor’s Essay Contest. Ciarella was one of six Lone
Star College System students selected for the award and a $1,000 scholarship. During
the 21st annual Lone Star College Foundation Chancellor’s Breakfast on Feb. 5, Ciarella
presented his essay on how a Lone Star College education changed his life.
- Lone Star College-North Harris massage therapy program has many opportunities waiting for you - February 13, 2014
Take the next step in
starting a rewarding career in massage therapy at Lone Star College-North
Harris. Massage therapists
are currently in high-demand in the Houston area, and
LSC-North Harris offers a fast-track massage therapy program for professional
- LSC-North Harris selects 2013-2014 Faculty Excellence Award Winners - February 05, 2014
Lone Star College-North Harris recently recognized four outstanding
leaders in the classroom as recipients of the 2013-2014 Faculty Excellence
Award. The winners, selected from faculty, staff and student nominations are David Dahnke, professor
of English for speakers of other languages; Norma Drepaul, reference librarian/professor; Dr. Robert Locander,
professor of political science; and Michael McFarland, professor of English.
- Lone Star College-North Harris fine arts presents “The Odyssey” - January 30, 2014
The Lone Star College-North Harris Division of Fine Arts presents “The
Odyssey,” by Homer. Performances
are scheduled for February 26 through March 2.
- WINTER WEATHER UPDATE -- LSC-North Harris and Centers to Resume Normal Hours on Wednesday, Jan. 29 - January 27, 2014
LSC-Greenspoint Center and LSC-Victory Center will resume normal operating
hours starting Wednesday, Jan. 29. For information on all other Lone Star
College locations, please monitor www.LoneStar.edu.
- ALL at LSC-North Harris offers a variety of activities for older adults - January 23, 2014
Calling all active adults! Spring is just around the
corner, so be sure to take advantage of all it has to offer. Come and meet
other members of the community by joining the Lone Star College-North Harris Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL). The ALL program offers more than 100
classes each year, ranging from technology to watercolor art.
- Open House at CHI LSC-North Harris School of Cosmetology set for Feb. 3 - January 22, 2014
CHI Lone Star College-North Harris School of
Cosmetology has planned a series of open houses at its new facility, located at 910 E. Richey Road
in Houston. Designed to introduce prospective students to the school’s
offerings, the first of the open houses will take place on Monday, Feb. 3 from
6 p.m. to 8 p.m., with a second planned for Monday, March 3, also from 6 p.m.
to 8 p.m.
- Lone Star College-North Harris announces Feb. 2014 fine arts events - January 22, 2014
The Lone Star College-North Harris Division of Fine Arts has announced an
exciting lineup of events to kick off the spring 2014 semester. Come out and enjoy
the many talented artists and performers at LSC-North Harris. All events are
open to the community and free, unless noted otherwise.
- Missed the start of spring classes? Register today for Late Start courses at LSC-North Harris - January 16, 2014
It’s not too late-- register today! Lone Star College-North Harris is
offering Late Start courses starting as early as January 25, and as late as April
10. These classes are designed to be flexible enough for even the busiest