Vice President of Student Success
Welcome to the webpage for the Vice President of Student Success (VPSS), who serves as Chief Student Services Officer for Lone Star College-Tomball.
The overall responsibility of the VPSS is to provide vision and leadership for an integrated student services and student development model that works closely with instruction to create a student-centered system.
Meet the Vice President of Student Success
Ann has over 30 years in higher education with the last 6 years spent as Vice President of Student Success at Lone Star College. Lone Star is one of the nation’s premier community colleges.
In her current position, Ann is the Chief Student Services Officer overseeing the operations of Financial Aid, Extended Learning Center, Advising & Counseling, Outreach & Recruitment, Student Life, Registrar, Campus Call Center and Student Development. Read more.
What's Happening in Student Success
Our 13th annual Disability Awareness Day was held on Wednesday, October 25, 2017. The event was a great success and brought in high school seniors from Klein ISD, Waller ISD, Magnolia ISD and Tomball ISD. Approximately 200 students and their high school staff were in attendance. Disability Awareness Day began with an opening session from 9:00am – 11:00am, which included information from Disability Services on transitioning from high school to college.
Outreach and Recruitment also held an information session followed by a tour of the campus. Immediately following the tour, high school students and our college community were treated to a fair from 11:00am – 2:00pm. The fair included food, fair events and games that focused on educating our guests about the challenges individuals with different abilities face. Local vendors from the Houston area met with students and provided information about their organization. Disability Awareness Day ended with two drawings, one for the high school students and one for the college students.
Meet the Student Success Leadership Team
- Ms. Ann Johnson, Vice President of Student Success
- Ms. Laurie Taylor, Administrative Assistant
- Mr. Henri Dally, Dean Student Development
- Ms. Elizabeth King, Administrative Specialist III
- OPEN, Program Coordinator, Student Success Division
- Amy Griffin, Director, Advising and Counseling
- Ms. Samreen Khurram, Director Financial Aid
- Ms. Jane Hakala-Buckner, Program Manager TRiO Student Services
- Ms. Shannon Marino, Program Manager Student Life
- Ms. Laura Cardiel, Program Manager, Outreach and Recruitment
- Ms. Robbie Richard Rogers, Director, Extended Learning Center
- Ms. Natalie Starks, Director, Admissions and Records
- Ms. Jackie Scrivens, Call Center Specialist
|Extended Learning Center|
|Outreach and Recruitment|
|TRiO Student Support Services|