LSC will re-open access to buildings Monday, Aug. 31. Student Services are currently available online. Visit LoneStar.edu/Fall2020 for more information about fall classes.
Research Databases: Biography & Genealogy
Off-campus access: the system will prompt you to enter your 14-digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/library card. No college ID or library card? Request a college ID or library card barcode number.
- Heritage Quest
(ProQuest/UMI) Help Genealogical research materials including census records, military records, and family and local histories. * To view the Research Aids, click on the main link first, then the research materials link to get proper authorization.
- Credo Reference
(Credo) Includes materials from over 650 reference books on a variety of topics in higher education, including art, business, history, languages, literature, science, criminal justice, and political science.
- Gale in Context: Biography
(Gale) Discover the world's most influential people by searching narrative biographies, news, magazine, and multimedia content.
- Gale Literature Resource Center
(Gale) Full-text journal articles, critical essays, work overviews & summaries, and author biographies from authoritative sources. Note: Use the Person Search and filter results to Biographies.
- Oxford Art Online
(Oxford University Press) includes Grove Art Full text art reference covering all the visual from prehistory to the 1990's with image links.
- Oxford Music Online (LSC-Tomball & LSC University Park)
(Oxford University Press) Online music reference source includes articles from the Oxford Companion to Music, Grove dictionaries of American music, jazz , opera, and musical instruments, and the Encyclopedia of Popular Music.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
(ProQuest) Over 30 million digital pages of seventeen American newspapers dating back to the 18th century.
- Texas Reference Center
Over 80 full-text journals & books on Texas history, culture, and life, biographies of important Texans, and more.
- Search the Library Catalog. Request any circulating items not in your local library using the "Place Hold" button. Login with your 14-digit library barcode number and PIN.
- Looking for a specific article? Search the Full Text Finder for newspaper, magazine, or journal titles.
- Search WorldCat to find books and articles from libraries worldwide, then apply at your local library for a TexShare card to borrow them directly or request specific books and articles through interlibrary loan.
Selected databases are funded, in part, through TexShare, a division of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, utilizing grant funds provided by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services.