LSC will re-open access to buildings Monday, Aug. 31. Student Services are currently available online. Visit LoneStar.edu/Fall2020 for more information about fall classes.
Research Databases: Careers
Off-campus access: the system will prompt you to enter your 14-digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/library card. No college ID or library card? Request a college ID or library card barcode number.
Overviews & Background Information
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - free web
(Bureau of Labor Statistics) Find information on hundreds of jobs such as earnings, working conditions, job prospects, training, education, and more.
- Job & Career Accelerator
(LearningExpress) Provides help with matching skills to a career, current job listings, and cover letter and resume preparation. Requires free login so you can save work online. If you are unable to register off campus, please try again using an on-campus computer.
- O*Net OnLine - free web
(Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration) Offers hundreds of standardized descriptors of skills, knowledge, tasks, occupational requirements, and worker abilities, interests and values that employers use to build job descriptions.
- Career One Stop - free web
(Department of Labor) Explore careers and industries that match your skills, level of education, and occupational outlook.
- Credo Reference
(Credo) Includes materials from over 650 reference books on a variety of topics in higher education, including art, business, history, languages, literature, science, criminal justice, and political science.
- Vocational & Career Collection
Full text coverage for more than 350 trade and industry-related periodicals.
- Gale OneFile: Vocations and Careers
Research a vocation, find an appropriate institution of learning, and get assistance on job searches and maintaining a career.
- Academic Video Online: Premium
(Alexander Street Press) Full-length videos on various topics, documentaries, instructional materials and limited historical news reports.
- Films on Demand
(Films Media Group) High-quality, educational streaming video from companies such as Films for the Humanities, BBC, and PBS.
(Kanopy) Classic cinema, independent films, and top documentaries in streaming video. Includes Media Education Foundation Collection.
- Search the Library Catalog. Request any circulating items not in your local library using the "Place Hold" button. Login with your 14-digit library barcode number and PIN.
- Looking for a specific article? Search the Full Text Finder for newspaper, magazine, or journal titles.
- Search WorldCat to find books and articles from libraries worldwide, then apply at your local library for a TexShare card to borrow them directly or request specific books and articles through interlibrary loan.
Selected databases are funded, in part, through TexShare, a division of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, utilizing grant funds provided by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services.