2017 Summer Bridge Program
Application Deadline Exetended to May 12th!
Interested in earning up to 6 credit hours during the summer?
Register for the Lone Star College-North Harris
2017 Summer Bridge Program today!
The Summer Bridge Program assists students from Aldine ISD and Spring ISD transition from high school to Lone Star College. Our eleven-week Summer Bridge Program is designed with graduating seniors needs in mind. By taking advantage of this special opportunity, students will have a better chance of being successful at Lone Star College-North Harris and will get a head start on their college career. Registration is open and space is limited. Don’t delay in registering for the 2017 Summer Bridge Program. For more information, contact Ashley Askew at 281.618.5462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and Times
June 6 - August 17
9:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Students may register for one of the following courses:
- Math 1314 - College Algebra for students pursuing a four-year degree and some associate degrees
- Math 1332 - College Math for Liberal Arts for students not interested in the science, technology, engineering math, nursing or business field
In addition, all students will be taking:
- EDUC 1300: Learning Framework – First-Year Experience, a special course designed to help students be successful in college
Students successfully completing Math 1314 or Math 1332 and EDUC 1300 will earn six credit hours.
What is Included
- Lunch each day
- Access to unique workshops
- Individual tutoring
- Opportunity to win prizes from local companies
The cost of attending Summer Bridge Program is the same as regular tuition and fees (approximately $400 for two courses). Students are encouraged to complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA and TASFA application to determine if they qualify for summer financial aid and the 2017-2018 FAFSA and/or TASFA application to determine if they qualify for fall financial aid. Students are urged to apply to the program and financial aid by May 1.
A limited number of scholarships are available for Aldine and Spring ISD students with a GPA of 2.5 or greater! The Aldine ISD scholarships are only open for students who qualify for the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA). Spring ISD scholarships are open to all students. Only students who have completed all the steps under “How to Register” and the scholarship application by May 12, 2017 will be considered. Use the links below to access a PDF version and submit scholarship applications.
How to Qualify
- Be a graduating senior from the Aldine or Spring community
- Take the TSI exam and test into Math 1314: College Algebra (TSI Score of 350 or higher, SAT score of 530 of higher, or have a 75 average in College Prep and a 70 on the final exam) or Math 1332: College Math for Liberal Arts (TSI Score 343 to 349)
How to Register
- Apply to Lone Star College-North Harris here. (If you have not applied to Lone Stare College)
- Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (if you have not taken the TSI exam). Pre-Assessment Instructions
- Complete Placement Testing (if you have not taken the TSI exam)
- Complete the 2017 Summer Bridge Application here.
- Satisfy Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement. Submitting Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement Proof Instructions
- Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA
- Submit a Credit Registration Form to Ashley Askew at email@example.com (highlighted fields only)
- Students under the age of 18, will need to submit a Parental Consent and Waiver Form to Ashley Askew at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a Spring ISD student, please contact Ashley Askew at email@example.com or (281)618-5264 to register for classes. If you are an Aldine ISD student, please contact Tawana Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org or (281) 618-7134 to register for classes
Expectations of Summer Bridge Participants
Students are expected to:
- be enthusiastic, focused and dedicated to making academic progress
- attend class on all scheduled days
- attend tutorials at least 2 hours per week
attend and participate in:
Have additional questions?
For general program questions, contact Ashley Askew 281.618.5462 or email@example.com.