- Mapping a Future in LSC-Montgomery’s Land Surveying Program - April 21, 2014
its inception in 2007, the land surveying and mapping technology program at LSC-Montgomery has helped students launch lucrative careers in an
evolving, high-tech field that traces its beginning back to ancient Egypt.
- Poetry Reading, Celebration Commemorates Emily Dickinson’s Birthday - April 21, 2014
Presentation at LSC-Montgomery Part of Writers
in Performance Series
lovers will enjoy a whimsical birthday celebration honoring poet Emily
Dickinson at Lone Star College-Montgomery on Thursday, December 5, at 3 p.m.,
in the Health Science Center (Building B), Room 102. The event is free and
open to the public.
- Singing for Scholarships: LSC-Montgomery's 5th Annual "Night at the Opera," Silent Auction is May 2 - April 10, 2014
The Chamber Singers from LSC-Montgomery will present "A Night at the Opera," the music
department's annual scholarship fundraiser, on Friday, May 2, at 7 p.m., in the
Mainstage Theatre, located in the college’s Performing Arts Center (Building
- Star Gazers, Aspiring Astronomers Invited to College’s ‘Star Party’ April 16 - April 10, 2014
Enjoy the wonders of the nighttime sky during
LSC-Montgomery’s annual “Star Party” on Wednesday, April 16, at 7
p.m., in the Health Science Center (Building B), Room 102.
- LSC-Conroe Center Teams Up With Workforce Solutions to Provide Machining, Welding Education and Careers - April 08, 2014
LSC-Conroe Center has teamed up with Workforce Solutions to provide free workforce training to unemployed individuals seeking employment in the high-demand career fields of welding and machining.
- Lone Star College-Montgomery Receives "Tree Campus USA" Designation - April 07, 2014
LSC-Montgomery was honored with
2013 Tree Campus USA® recognition by the Arbor Day Foundation for its
commitment to effective urban forest management. Tree Campus USA is a national
program created in 2008 by the Arbor Day Foundation and sponsored by Toyota to
honor colleges and universities for effective campus forest management and for
engaging staff and students in conservation goals.
- Your Machining Career Starts April 21 at Lone Star College-Conroe Center - March 31, 2014
Precision, programming, and manufacturing are key components of machining, an evolving career field that’s offering new jobs statewide. For those looking to start their future in the machining industry, LSC-Conroe Center is beginning a new series of machining classes on April 21.
- Midnight Welding Classes Offered at Lone Star College-Conroe Center - March 31, 2014
Sometimes, bettering your career requires burning the midnight oil, or for welders, burning the midnight flame. Beginning in May, LSC-Conroe Center will offer late night welding classes from 10:15 p.m.-2:15 a.m., allowing students to gain additional welding skills or complete almost every class needed for the Welding Workforce Skills Award certificate after dark.
- Avoid the Stampede - Fall Registration Kick-Off Event April 9-10 - March 28, 2014
To avoid the stampede (and stress!) of last-minute registration, all LSC-Montgomery Mavericks are encouraged to register for both the upcoming summer and fall semesters during “Avoid the Stampede,” an on-campus, express registration event held Wednesday, April 9, and Thursday, April 10, and continuing throughout the month of April.
- Wellness Expo and Job Fair Held April 3 at LSC-Montgomery - March 26, 2014
Don’t miss “Healthier U,” LSC-Montgomery’s annual
wellness expo and job fair, held Thursday, April 3, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., in the
atrium of the Health Science Center (Building B). Other events (including a
chili cook-off and golf tournament), take place at various times and locations
Wednesday, April 2, and Friday, April 4.