LSCS News - All Campuses
- November 25, 2014The Lone Star College-North Harris Division of Fine Arts presents “All in the Timing: 3 Short Plays” by David Ives. Performances are scheduled for Dec. 3 through Dec. 7.
- November 25, 2014Earn college credit in just a few weeks during Lone Star College-Montgomery’s winter mini-mester session, which begins December 15.
- November 25, 2014The Lone Star College Small Business Development Center Advisory Council has named its six 2014 Small Business of the Year Award winners.
- November 24, 2014Lone Star College-North Harris has recently named Michael Burns as the dean of career and applied technology. In his new position, he will provide leadership for the division in carrying out institutional effectiveness processes such as student learning outcomes assessment and instructional and departmental planning processes.
- November 21, 2014
Enjoy a concert presentation of all-new songs from student songwriters in the Popular Songwriting class as well as guest performers from the Glee Club.
- November 21, 2014
This is a one-night-only concert, with more than a dozen singers, dancers and instrumentalists performing songs from pop, rock, R&B, and musical theatre hits.
- November 20, 2014The LSC-Tomball campus will close for the Thanksgiving Holiday beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 26. The campus will remain closed through Sunday, November 30. No classes will be held. The LSC-Tomball Community Library will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 26, and will remain closed through Sunday, November 30.
- November 20, 2014The LSC-Montgomery drama department’s fall production of “Speech and Debate,” directed by Tim Campbell, received the rare feat of a choice award in the Kennedy Center American College Texas State Theatre Festival (KCACTF) this October.
- November 19, 2014Mark your calendar! CHI Lone Star College-North Harris School of Cosmetology has planned a series of fall open houses at its facility, located at 910 E. Richey Road in Houston. Designed to introduce prospective students to the school’s offerings, the next open house will take place on Monday, Dec. 1 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., with a second planned for Monday, Jan. 5, also from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- November 17, 2014
Jonathan Walton kick starts the season toward national success in recent state-wide competition as a finalist in Informative Speaking and a semi-finalist in Impromptu Speaking.