LSCS News - All Campuses
- LSC-Tomball to hold adjunct faculty hiring information session December 16 - December 04, 2013
LSC-Tomball is hiring for a wide variety of adjunct faculty positions for classes that begin January 2014. An information session will be held on Monday, December 16 at 6:30 p.m. in the Teaching Theater (E-100) on LSC-Tomball’s main campus.
- Lone Star College System to conduct adjunct and faculty system-wide job fair - December 03, 2013
Lone Star College System will be holding an adjunct and faculty job fair this Saturday, Dec. 7. This free event will be held at the LSC-University Center at Montgomery and will offer positions available for Spring 2014 at all Lone Star Colleges.
- Lone Star College System Trustees to hold regular meeting Dec. 5 - December 02, 2013
The Lone Star College System
Board of Trustees will hold its workshop and regular meeting Thursday, Dec. 5,
2013 at 5 p.m. in the board room of the Lone Star College Training and
Development Center, 5000
Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381.
- New ‘University Connections Series’ Offers Taste of University Academics - December 02, 2013
A new twist in select LSC-Montgomery classes will let students see beyond the community college classroom—literally—via in-class videoconferencing sessions or face-to-face meetings with other students at local universities. It’s LSC-Montgomery’s “University Connections Series,” a group of classes where LSC-Montgomery students will interact electronically and/or in-person with the professor and students from classes in similar disciplines from universities.
- Lone Star College System to name buildings after past chancellor, board member - December 02, 2013
Lone Star College System will conduct two
ceremonies in December to officially name buildings honoring the
accomplishments of Dr. John E. Pickelman, chancellor emeritus and Wm. “Randy” Bates, Jr., JD, longtime board member.
- Lone Star College System Police offer holiday safety tips - November 27, 2013
holiday shopping season can be hectic and chaotic. Whether on campus or
out shopping at the mall, the Lone Star College System Police Department offers some holiday safety tips.
- A Giving Spirit as Big as Texas: College Collects 20,000 Cans for Food Bank - November 27, 2013
Students, staff, and faculty at LSC-Montgomery collected and donated 20,606 cans to the Montgomery County Food Bank as part of the Maverick Give-a-Can project.
- Lone Star College System celebrates Small Business Day every day - November 26, 2013
Nov. 30 is Small Business Saturday – a day to show support to small businesses
by shopping at a small business.
- College Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday - November 25, 2013
The LSC-Tomball campus will close for the Thanksgiving Holiday beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27. The campus will remain closed through Sunday, December 1. No classes will be held. The LSC-Tomball Community Library will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27, and will remain closed through Sunday, December 1.
- Lone Star College Foundation annual golf tournament rescheduled - November 25, 2013
Due to inclement
weather, the Lone Star College Foundation has rescheduled its annual golf
tournament to Monday, Dec. 2 at The Woodlands Country Club.